Health Benefits :
- Moong beans are a high source of nutrients including: manganese, potassium, magnesium, folate, copper, zinc and various B vitamins.
- They are also a very filling food, high in protein, resistant starch and dietary fiber.
- You can find mung beans in dried powder form, as whole uncooked beans, “split-peeled” form (just like you’d find split green peas), as bean noodles, and also as sprouted seeds (which are the kind you’d see used on sandwiches or salads).
- Their dried seeds may be eaten raw, cooked (whole or split), fermented, or milled and ground into flour.
- Because of their high nutrient density, mung beans are considered useful in defending against several chronic, age-related diseases, including heart disease, cancer, diabetes and obesity.