Split Bengal gram is the most popular legume from List of Indian Dals. Chana dal is delicious, nutritious and easily digested. Indian cooking is resisted with the huge use of chana dal in different ways. Chana dal is baby chickpeas that has been split and polished.
Chana dal is highly nutritious even when is roasted or powdered to make the besan i.e. chickpea flour or Bengal gram flour. It has a rich flavor and aroma.
Health Benefits of Chana Dal
- Chana dal is high in fiber and helps to lower cholesterol.
- It also has a very low hypoglycemic index, which is important for those with diabetes.
- Chana dal is a helpful source of zinc, folate, calcium and protein.
- It is low in fat and most of it is polyunsaturated.
- Chana dal is extremely delicious in taste, full of nutritious and can be digested easily.